Thursday, October 27, 2011

Stressed into Beauty

     The leaves are almost down and the winter season will soon be here, but I am not quite ready for that. So, I have changed the header to remind myself of warmer times when we traveled out west this past spring.

     This painting was inspired by a visit to Arches National Park in Utah. Although the main attractions are the amazing rock formations, I also found an interest in the weathered wood of some of the trees. The weathering produced very dramatic textures in their trunks and branches.

     People too show the weather of time and struggles in their lives. As with the trees, this can create a beauty that only "going through it" can produce. As we, who are believers can attest, being conformed to the image of Jesus Christ often comes through the trials of life, as we are lead by the Spirit, with an intentional obedience to do His will in all situations.

  I hope your personal weathering continues to bring forth a true likeness of Christ in your soul to all those you meet.

    This is a comment to myself. I must admit that while trying to upload the picture in the header, I ran into some "trials of life" with my computer and the blogger site. I must admit I didn't really have a Christ like attitude in this struggle. It came to my attention that I should be weathering better. Thank you Lord for this test. I pray that I have grown from it. Please pray for me, that I would grow to be more like Jesus. - George Richardson


No comments: